How to make a custom invoice using Billdu online generator
Generating a custom invoice with Billdu takes mere moments. Just fill in the required fields, including your and your client's business details, the issue and delivery date, the items and price, tax rate, and invoice number. Then, spice up the invoice with a logo or colorful template, and email it to a client straightaway or download the PDF completely free.
1. Your Business Details: Clarify who's issuing the invoice.
2. Client's Business Details: Clarify to who the invoice is addressed.
3. Issue & Delivery Date: Clarify when the invoice was issued and when the product or service was delivered.
4. Item & Price: Detail the product or service supplied, number, and price.
5. Tax Rate: If applicable, make sure to include this to clarify how much tax the customer is paying and avoid paying for it yourself.
6. Invoice Number: Helps with cataloging invoices for both you and your customer.
7. Invoice Template & Color: Customize your invoice to create a professional and unique design your clients' can automatically associate with you.
8. Logo: Add your company logo to add to your invoice's professionalism and boost brand recognition.
9. Note: Attach any relevant notes regarding the products, services, payment, or just the invoice itself.
Everything You Need To Know About Invoicing In New Zealand
Some New Zealand businesses must charge a Goods and Service Tax (GST) of 15%. Find out if you have the same obligation and learn more about GST in general below.
GST & GST Registration:
When starting a new business in New Zealand, you will not be registered for GST. You will need to get a New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) and add it to every invoice. If you register for GST, you will start generating and sending tax invoices.
The main difference is that GST-registered businesses need to include GST details on their invoices. As business.govt.nz states, sole traders, contractors, and companies must register for GST as soon as they become likely to earn more than 60,000 in 12 months.
If you fail to do so, you may be charged penalties. Luckily, the GST registration process is straightforward and is handled online through myIR.
Every New Zealand business needs to lodge an annual tax return, stating all its income and expenses for the previous tax year. A tax year starts on the 1st of April and finishes on the 31st of March of the next year.
If you register for GST, you need to lodge your GST Returns on a monthly, bi-monthly, or six-monthly basis. This can be done via the myIR portal. Once submitted, you can fix mistakes, but it's your responsibility to send the GST return by the due date.
Templates You Can Create With Free Online Invoice Generator
Are you tired of the simple old black-on-white invoices? Take advantage of Billdu's invoice maker, automatically generate professional New Zealand invoices and dazzle your client's with 5 stunning templates in every (and more) color of the rainbow. You can create your custom design directly in our invoice maker by clicking the corresponding Color and Template buttons in the top bar.
Like what you see so far? Consider giving the Billdu app a try. Our free invoice generator lets you quickly and easily create and customize invoices, but its capabilities beyond that are limited.
On the other hand, the Billdu app does not only save your settings, template presets, and business details for you and your clients to help you generate invoices faster, but it also offers a variety of other helpful features for small businesses.
Thanks to its intuitive, cloud-based design, Billdu works across all devices, including desktops, iOS, and Android. Generate documents like invoices and estimates on the fly, notify your clients with payment reminders and get paid on time, enable online payments to make it convenient for your clients. Access your expense reports anytime, free your hands by inviting an accountant to your business and save the time with recurring invoices.
Give your business what it needs and focus on what matters.